Homemade Hypoallergenic Dog Food For Your Dogs
If you love your Dogs, you will surely want to give them only the best. That goes especially true with their food.
Though dogs have varying responses to allergens and germs, you need to ensure that their tummy is safe and working well.
The most recommended solution to dogs that suffer from food allergies is to give them hypoallergenic dog food.
With the increasing number of dogs suffering from such a disorder, more and more pet owners are switching to this alternative, making it greatly available in the market.
However, much as this is true and viable, the concern of many dog owners is that it can be expensive for them especially if their dogs have to eat it everyday.
They are looking for alternatives without having to sacrifice their dog’s health and safety. And the answer to that is making your own dog’s hypoallergenic food.
Here are some researched recipes that you might want to try. Feel free to modify some ingredients or add in more to make it healthier and even tastier.
Homemade Hypoallerganic Dog Food Recipes
Baked Salmon and Veggies Homemade Recipe
This first recipe uses salmon instead of pork or chicken which are actually major causes of allergies among dogs.
1. Begin the process by baking your Salmon in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Wrap it in parchment paper and place in a baking tray into a preheated oven.
When it is done, take it out and let it cool for a while.
2.While the Salmon cools, you can boil your carrots and potatoes. If you want more flavour, you can use sweet potatoes.
3. After boiling, take them out and cut them into small cubes.
4. In a separate bowl, put in the boiled vegetables and add in the salmon. Drizzle with olive oil and serve to your furry friend.
Boiled Fish and Veggies Homemade Recipe
This second recipe still involves fish (a kind of your choice) and veggies.
1. First, you need to prepare a cooker and put in two cups of water and a cup of white or brown rice.
2. Then, add in chopped vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and beans.
3. Add in two to three pieces or slices of fish and then slowly bring to a boil. The cooking should not be drastic and must take about 5 to 8 hours so that everything will be cooked evenly and thoroughly.
Some dogs are choosy and they may not like to eat your homemade hypoallergenic dog food.
However, you have to make them eat it instead of giving him treats and other food that may cause allergies.
You can also call your veterinarian and ask him for other suggestions as to how you can make your dog eat hypoallergenic dog food.
You can also ask him for other recipes that you can prepare at home.
Since you love your furry friend, you have to be in control in making him eat healthy food. Do not feel sorry and be persuaded to give him food that he likes since giving him hypoallergenic dog food is for his own better health.
Images Credit: FreeDigitalPhotos.net