Why is a Dog House important to your dog?
It is undeniable that a lot of people have this natural love for pets. But the most common and traditional pet that people like to get is the dog. Known for its loyalty and love for its master, the dog has been proven to be the best pet one could ever have.
And because of this love that people have for their Pet Dogs, taking care of them is another important thing. Making sure that they have what they need is something that is considered an utmost concern by pet owners. Among these things are nutritious food, vitamins, clean water, delicious treats, and a dog house.
Yes, a Dog House is very important to a dog. Just like human beings, they need a place to call their home where they can feel cozy and comfortable. It is where they hide their toys and other stuff.
Why it is important to get a Dog House for your Dogs?
- Protection from the weather. Believe it or not, dogs are very sensitive to the weather. Extreme heat or cold can affect their behavior and health. Even those breeds that are built for the rugged outdoors can feel worn out in extreme weathers. A dog house, especially if the dogs are stationed outside, protects them from that.
- Free from distraction and disturbance. When dogs are exhausted and they want to take a rest, the dog house is their perfect refuge. When they are inside their house, they feel more at peace and it signals that they want some alone time.
- For dogs not trained for indoors. If you decide not to train your dog to stay indoors, then a house for him is a good investment. This is because after your playtime with the pet, you can put him back in his house and he would know that playtime is over.
How To Choose The Best Dog House for Your Dogs?
As a house is important for your dog, you should also know what to consider when buying or making one. Here are some tips for you.
- Size – A dog house should feel comfortable and homey for your dog. The ideal dog house should accommodate your dog and give him a good amount of room to fully stand up and lie down to sleep. There should also be enough room to place his food and water bowls. He should be able to turn around 360 degrees and allow him to stretch. If you are getting a puppy, you should research on how tall and big he can be when he is fully mature.
- Elevation – The ideal dog house should be slightly elevated in order to ensure ventilation. It keeps the cold from getting through the house especially during the winter.
- Insulation – Aside from the cold, the heat is also something that you should protect your dog from. A little insulation on the roof and the walls will create a better atmosphere for your dog.
- Materials – When choosing materials for your dog’s house, make sure to choose those which are not going to attract and keep unwanted heat inside. Wood is desirable but plastic may not be because it is not very durable.
With these facts, it is now time to get to know the top 12 dog beds to choose from for your pet.
Rating: 4.2 / 5 Size: 21″ x 29″ x 26″
If you want a very cute and unique design for your dog’s house, then this product is the one to choose. It is not just a simple house at it also has a viewing deck or balcony at the top of the house! On one side of the house is a short staircase that leads up to the balcony. The house is made from kiln-dried cedar and is treated with natural color stains. Ideal for smaller pets, it can be placed both indoor and outdoor depending on your preference. Plus, it only takes 20 minutes to assemble it considering the package comes with hardware and instructions.
Rating: 4.1 / 5
The Suncast DH250 Dog House looks like your typical toy or doll house. It has a durable resin construction with a crowned floor that comes with a vinyl floor. Assembly is very easy as it is a snap-together kind of assembly. It is the perfect house for dogs that weigh up to 70 pounds.
3. SKL Luxurious and High-end Black Pet House/Cat and Dog Room/Bed with 55-cm X 40-cm X 42 Cm dimensions
Rating: 4.3 / 5 Size: 55 X 40 X 42 CM
This product doubles as a dog house and a bed at the same time. It is made of especially soft and plush foam that is high density so it is soft all over. Because its size is only 55 X 40 X 42 CM it is perfect for smaller dogs such as Poodle, Teddy, Bichon Frise, Schnauzer Pekingese, and even the Papillon, among others. Thus, it is important to check the size of your pet to make sure they fit in the house. Its color, coffee black, makes it easy to clean and stains won’t easily be spotted.
Rating: 3.7 / 5
From the name itself, this dog house is uniquely shaped like a strawberry, complete with dots, stalk, and a leaf. It is made of plush material and foam which means it can only be set up inside the house. Its door lets your dog into the house that is lined with a soft fabric. The strawberry-shaped house comes in three sizes—small, for dogs that weigh up to 3 kgs.; medium, for dogs that weigh up to 6 kgs.; large, for dogs that weigh up to 9 kgs.; and extra large, for dogs that weigh up to 13 kgs.
Rating: 4.6 / 5 Size: 50-90lbs
The Barn Home III pet house is shaped like a barn with rear air ventilation, as well as a rain-diverting rim and a raised interior floor. What makes this house extra nice is that the structural foam automatically adjusts to the weather—cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Its measurements are 26-1/2-inch length by 18-inch width by 16-1/2-inch height.
Rating: 4.3 / 5
The Petmate Indigo Dog House is shaped like an igloo and has Microban which helps prevent the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria. Plus, it has a roof vent that helps ensure the circulation of air to keep your dog cool. Its doorway measures 13.5 by 12.5 inches and is suitable for dogs that weigh between 25 to 50 pounds and with a length of not more than 26 inches and a height of 17 inches.
7. PORTABLE DOG HOUSE – Soft, warm and comfortable and goes everywhere(Assorted colors-Tan/Blue/Red)
Rating: 3.8 / 5 Size: 17″ x 16″ x 18″
From the name itself, the Portable Dog House can be taken with you everywhere especially that it is foldable and padded. Whether you are out on a picnic or at a friend’s sleepover, you can be assured that your dog has a house. It is soft, warm and comfortable and made of plush material so you have to make sure you do not put it on wet ground. It measures 17 by 16 by 18 inches when assembled.
Rating: 4.0 / 5 Size: 22 x 23 x 37 inch
This house features a balcony that has lattice work. It has 2 side steps that make climbing the balcony easier for your pet. Its floor is raised and removable that promotes air circulation. Assembly only takes 15 minutes. Its dimensions, 17.5 W x 17.5 D x 25.5 H inches, make the house perfect for small cats and dogs.
Rating: 4.0 / 5 Size: 30″ Double-Door w/ Divider
This product is portable and is made of heavy duty solid metal steel material that makes it sturdy and safe to transport. It can also be stored safely and securely because it can be folded. Setting up is so easy that you don’t need any tools. You can just unfold it and use it. And when it needs to be stored, you can simply fold it again and store.
Rating: 4.6 / 5 Size: 42-Inch w/Divider
As a crate, it is easy to set up for use and fold for storage. It has a single door that provides security for your dog with its slide-bolt latch. The size is perfect for small dogs and puppies that weigh up to 25 pounds. It is available in pretty pink color.
11. Indoor & Outdoor Pet House Tent For Cats & Small Dogs by Bonita – Pet Camping Set With Tent Travel Bag, Pet Food & Drink Bowl – 20″x 20″ Durable, Lightweight Nylon Pet Tent – Orange & Brown Tent
If you go camping with a tent, then this pet tent is perfect for your dog. It can be set up anywhere, whether indoor or outdoor, providing comfort and style for your pet. If you are exploring the outdoors, the tent comes with a travel bag plus a side bonus of pet food and drink bowl.
Rating: 4.0 / 5 Size: 36-Inch
The Petnation Pet Home is for both the indoor and the outdoor. It has tightly-weaved mesh fabric panels that are supported by an extra strong steel frame. Setting up and disassembly are so easy that you can do it in minutes. It is ideal for dogs that weigh up to 25 pounds.
These are the best types of dog houses in the market today. Get one for your pet dog and make him feel your love and affection as he sleeps soundly in his own home.